Why Is Safari So Slow [REASONS AND SOLUTIONS] 2022
Safari is one of the most flexible web browsers available. Gone are the times when you could sit and dine while waiting for a web page to load. Because the Internet is now lightning fast, it appears unusual when things slow down when browsing. It’s no secret that Apple’s default browser isn’t without flaws. Safari is not immune to difficulties which leads you to the question, i.e., why is Safari so slow?
Well, Safari’s performance might worsen unless you take a few easy precautions to keep it working smoothly. Fortunately, several solutions to these problems will allow you to enjoy your online browsing again! Today, we’ll look at the most popular.
Common Reasons Why is Safari so slow?
Let’s jump to the main query, i.e., why is Safari so slow? There are various probable causes for Safari to run slowly or freeze; some of them are as follows:
- Weak Internet connection
- Several tabs are open.
- The History of Safari
- Cookies and caches
- Form text will be auto-filled.
- Safari preferences file got corrupted
- Third-party add-ons
- Extensive use of system resources
- The issue with an out-of-date Safari startup disc
- Insufficient space on the starting disc
Why is Safari so slow? – Solutions
To get it operating smoothly again, try the instructions in this guide:
Go your device, Homescreen. Quickly double-press the Home button on smartphones that have one. Now, drag the Safari app card to the top of the screen to force close the program. Relaunch Safari after a short moment.
History Data and Cache
Safari saves information from each website you visit. This collection of pages grows in size as you use the browser. When you use Safari to access websites, cache data gathers, which might cause the browser to slow down. Clearing Safari’s History can have a significant impact. So, initially, try this method:
For Deleting History
- Open Safari.
- Select History from the menu bar.
- Click the Clear History option.
- Click the Clear History button after selecting a period.
For Deleting Cache Data
Usually, you don’t need to empty the cache manually. But sometimes, Safari’s cache may become so large that it causes the browser to slow down.
- Open Safari.
- Go to the menu bar and choose it.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Select Advanced from the drop-down menu.
- The checkmark Displays the Develop menu on the menu bar.
- Select Develop from the menu bar.
- Empty caches should get chosen.
Safari’s speed suffers when you open many tabs. It’s common for people to open many browser tabs, especially while looking for information on the Internet. If you open many tabs, your browser will undoubtedly get slow. You can shut all open tabs at once if you have many open them. To shut all Safari tabs at once, long-press the two-square symbol in Safari’s bottom right corner. Then, select Close All Tabs.
Outdated Version of Safari
Check that your iOS device is running the most recent version. Because Safari is a built-in software, upgrading your device will also update Safari. To update, launch the Settings app and select General. Next, touch Software Update, and then, if there is a pending update, press Download and Install.
Disabling Safari Extensions
Extensions are add-ons that enhance Safari’s capabilities, and they may perform everything from spell check your writing to password management. However, they are third-party add-ons; they can unexpectedly influence Safari’s performance, especially if they aren’t constantly updated.
- Open the “Safari Browser.”
- Go to “Safari Menu” and then “Preferences.”
- Go to the “Extensions Tab,” scroll down, and choose the extensions you wish to remove, then click “Uninstall.”
- Confirm that you want to delete the extension before deleting it.
More on JointedRods.com: How To See What Someone Likes On Instagram; We discussed this here.
Problem With Internet Connection
You might argue that the faults within Safari are easier to deal with. Still, it’s occasionally surprising that Safari isn’t always the “culprit.” Why is Safari so slow because you have a shaky or unstable Internet connection? You’ll have to reconnect to any Wi-Fi networks, but this should fix Safari’s issues.
- Reset your device by going to Settings > General, scrolling to the bottom, and pressing Reset. On the Reset page, tap Reset Network Settings. After that, reconnect to the internet connection.
Delete Preferences Files
The preferences file is corrupt; the Safari browser will likely experience sluggish websites, error warnings, delayed page loading, and a time-out issue. Delete the preferences file to address similar problems. To erase the Safari preferences file, follow the instructions below.
- Go to a folder, use Command + Shift + G to open.
- Alternatively, select Finder > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
- Type >Library>Preferences into the address bar, then hit Go.
- Delete the com.apple.Safari.plist file to remove the preferences file.
- Before doing a delete action, make a backup with Time Machine.
These suggestions should have aided you in speeding up Safari. Maintaining and optimizing Safari regularly can help you keep it functioning smoothly.
Other than Safari
Safari isn’t the only game in town. There are many more excellent web browsers for iOS devices, and you may prefer some of them over Safari. So, if Safari is operating slowly, it might be time to make a switch. Some of the alternatives get designed to be light, making them ideal for older iOS devices.
To summarize, there are several reasons why Safari is running slowly. It’s important to remember that the Safari browser is identical to the others, and it also gets cached with excessive data. When you want to surf the web or visit a significant page for work, no one wants to stare at the colorful loading pinwheel. With our solutions guide, we hope you won’t be having the Safari slowness issue anytime soon.
Finally, if you are still dissatisfied with Safari, you may want to test several more dependable iOS and iPadOS browsers. If you have any grey spots on the points we discussed, please feel free to let us know your issue in the comment section. Have a great day!