How To Set A Timer on Spotify – [On iOS / Android / Apps]
Nowadays, everyone knows that Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming apps. In most situations, music is medicine, and it’s also a fantastic sleep aid. Listening to music on your phone may help you fall asleep if you can’t entirely shut your mind off after a long day. We can recall several situations when we had lullaby-like music plugged into our lazy ears — the music persisted until the battery was gone, the phone overheated, or we woke up half asleep, only to turn it off. So you might want to know about what is sleep timer on Spotify? If there is any, you might also want to know how to set a timer on Spotify? One of the things that Spotify lovers have long sought is the Sleep Timer. It is crucial for anybody who cannot sleep without listening to their favorite music.
What is a Sleep timer on Spotify?
To understand how to set a timer on Spotify, first get to know what is sleep timer is on Spotify? Spotify got continuously improved with new features. The Sleep Timer feature is one that Spotify users have sought for a long time. You take the chance of the phone battery dying or waking up in the middle of the night. Isn’t it annoying? It would be best to become acquainted with the Sleep Timer function to avoid this issue. The Sleep Timer function is mainly for everyone who goes to bed with Spotify playing on their smartphone and wants it to stop playing after they’ve fallen asleep. This option is now accessible on the Spotify mobile app for Android and iOS.
Why There Is A Need For A Sleep Timer On Spotify? – Reasons
If you’re listening to quiet or relaxing music on Spotify, you might want to set the sleep timer just in case. When listening to Spotify late at night, there are various reasons to utilize a timer, including:
- Keeping the battery lasting
- Preventing the usage of data
- Having a restful night’s sleep
How To Set a Timer On Spotify?
Before Spotify added this functionality, Android users had to rely on third-party apps to pause music playback. However, iOS already has a built-in sleep timer that works with Spotify. As a result, the Spotify sleep timer may be more useful on Android than iOS.
Now let’s discuss the main query, i.e., how to set a timer on Spotify? If you enjoy listening to Spotify, you may be curious about enabling the sleep timer function in the Spotify app. But, before we get to the steps, we recommend making a sleep playlist so your music doesn’t shuffle into tracks that will wake you up.
More on JointedRods.com: What Is YouTube Broadcast Yourself? Read everything here.
How To Set a Timer On Spotify On iPhone
- On your iPhone, launch Spotify.
- Choose the media you want to listen to a playlist, a podcast, songs, or just one track on repeat.
- Tap on the “now playing” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Place your finger on the three dots in the upper-right corner. You’ll get presented with a selection of choices. Scroll down until you see the option for a Sleep Timer.
- Set the timer for how long you want to sleep.
- You’ll get timing options after picking the sleep timer option. For example, you may instruct Spotify to stop playing music in:
- Five minutes
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- one hour
- End of track
- When the Sleep Timer expires, the music will stop playing.
How To Set a Timer On Spotify On Android
- Launch Spotify. Hit the three dots symbol in the upper-right corner when you’ve finished listening to an album or playlist.
- Select Sleep Timer and set a timer. You may set it to cease playing audio after five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes, thirty minutes, forty-five minutes, or one hour. You can even set it to wait until the music gets finished.
- After you’ve chosen a period, Spotify will display the message “Your Sleep Timer is Set” before returning to the tune you’re currently listening to
These steps are similar for any android device.
How To Set a Timer On Spotify Using Third-Party Apps
There might be some situation when the Sleep timer on Spotify stops working, and you find a third-party app on Spotify. While this is a rare situation, the odds of this “glitch” occurring are never zero. Most of the time, users update the app, and the option starts working. But the worst case may happen, so you can go for third-party applications or might need to wait for another update to sort out your problem.
How To Turn Off Sleep Timer On Spotify?
If you followed the instructions above to activate the sleep timer. In that case, you might find yourself in a scenario where you need to stop the timer. It may be done in the same way as setting it up and will prevent the app from shutting off the music. Follow the steps below:
- When music is playing, tap the three dots symbol in the upper-right corner
- the sleep timer will display a green moon and the remaining time. Select the Sleep Timer option.
- Turn off the timer by scrolling down and tapping Turn off the timer.
It’s worth noting that the exact steps will allow you to adjust or remove the Spotify timer for Android users as well, so it’s not only limited to the iOS mobile app version.
Many people get influenced by music, and sometimes just what you need to unwind at the end of the day. With ‘Sleep timer,’ your music will stop precisely at the end of the duration you specify. Although Spotify’s sleep schedule options appear to be restricted, we expect to see more flexibility in the future. Remember to use Spotify’s sleep timer anytime you don’t think you’ll be able to stop the music yourself.