How to free up space on Apple watch [Fixed 2022]
If you own an Apple watch, you are probably worrying about the internal space available on it to store music, apps, and other sorts of files. Since Apple watches do not have as much internal memory as iPads or iPhones do, you will soon be weeping over the space left in it. The amount of memory varies with the version you own an Apple watch, you are probably worrying about the internal space available on it to store music, apps, and other sorts of files. Since Apple watches do not have as much internal memory as iPads or iPhones do, you will soon be weeping over the space left in it. The amount of memory varies with the version of the Apple watch you have. Series 3 GPS comes with 8 GB, Series 3GPS + Cellular and Series 4 has 16 GB while Series 5 and 6 contain 32 GB. If you are wondering how to free space on Apple watch, we will guide you through some tasks you can easily execute without shedding a sweat.
How to check storage space
Before we move on, let us see how to check storage. You can check the available storage on your watch by using the ‘Watch app’ on your phone.
- Tap on ‘My watch.’
- Select ‘General.’
- Then ‘Usage’
Allow the watch to process information, and in a moment, it will display particulars related to the files on your watch, the total capacity, and how much space is available.
You can also check the storage details in the following manner.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘General’
- Then tap on ‘Usage.’
Here you will see it shows how much space is used and how much space is available. If you swipe down, you can find information related to how much space each type of file and apps on your device uses.
More on Jointedrods: How to select all on mac
How to free up space on Apple watch – various methods
Once you check the storage information related to each category of the stored content on your watch, you can determine which apps you want to get rid of and find a solution to the question ‘how to free up space on Apple watch.’ If there are certain apps that take a lot of space and you seldom use them, it is time to say goodbye to them.
You can delete unwanted apps using the ‘Watch app’ on your phone.
- Launch the app.
- Swipe down the ‘My watch’ screen.
- Once you reach the section ‘Installed on Apple watch,’ select the app you want to remove.
- Turn off the switch that says ‘Show app on Apple watch.’
That’s it. The app is now deleted from the watch.
Now we are going to tell you how to remove apps directly from the watch.
In grid view, execute the following procedure.
- Press down on the icon till it shakes.
- Click on the ‘X’ button.
On the screen that follows, tap on ‘Delete app.’
In list view,
- Swipe the list till you find the app you want to delete.
- Swipe the app to the left.
- Click on the trash bin icon.
Tap on ‘Delete app.’
This is another solution to your problem ‘how to free up space on Apple watch.’ If you are a music lover, you ought to have your device filled with music files. Let us get rid of a few to free up some space.
On your iPhone,
- Open the ‘Watch app’ on your iPhone.
- Swipe the ‘My watch’ section down.
- Then click on ‘Music.’
To delete music you added,
- Tap on ‘Edit’
- Now tap on the icon which is next to the file you want to delete
To delete music that was added automatically,
- Turn off the option ‘Recent Music.’
You can delete songs directly from your watch as well.
- Open the Music app
- Click on ‘Library’
- Scroll down and then click on ‘Downloaded.’
- Now press on ‘Albums.’
- Then swipe left on the album or playlist that you want to delete.
- Click on the icon with three horizontal dots and tap on ‘Remove.’
- You will be prompted to select ‘Remove Downloaded’ Or ‘Delete from Library.’
- By clicking on ‘Remove Downloaded,’ you can remove it from the watch. If you select Delete from Library, the file will be removed from the library itself.
Remove audio books
You can always listen to podcasts from your Apple watch. So do not worry. Remove podcasts to give your watch some room.
- Open the ‘Watch app’ on your iPhone.
- Click on ‘Podcasts’
- Check which option is selected in the ‘Add Episodes From’ section.
- If ‘Custom’ is selected, it will add three episodes of the podcasts while ‘Up Next’ adds only one.
- Press on ‘Up Next’ to delete all the podcasts from your watch.
- This will allow only the current podcast to remain on your phone.
Un-pair Apple watch
The last thing you have to try if still, your watch is low on space is un-pairing the watch and repairing it. Let us see how to do this task.
- Keep your iPhone, and the Apple watch close to each other.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click on ‘All Watches’ on the ‘My Watch’ tab.
- Navigate to the watch you want to un-pair and click on the ‘info button’ next to it.
- Hit on ‘un-pair Apple watch.’
- Now allow the un-pair process to finish.
Since Apple watches are not as handy in terms of the storage capacity as you wish them to be, the users soon find themselves in frustrating situations as the storage runs low in available space. No need to scratch your head and wonder how to free up space on Apple watch. The solutions are pretty simpler than you imagine, and you will realize how simple things cause the watch to be packed with unwanted contents without your consent. By following the steps, we explained to you in this article, you will find some easy solutions.
[…] More on Jointedrods: How to free up space on Apple watch […]